May 12, 2007

The writing's on the wall...

I used to write earlier....haven't done so last few years though...thought my blog may be a nice place to reproduce some of my favorite stuff....so here goes the first bunch!

Angel

a smile so innocent, you get so lost
gleaming eyes, a universe beyond
sleepless nights, speechless times
at every instance, wanting to know more
every step taken, saddled with care
afraid to touch, it might just hurt
a soul so pretty, feels like heaven
so awe-struck by this creation
start believing in His existence
uncertain if it would ever count
you look at her, a reverent stare
mesmerized at times, wondering why
maybe it isn't easy to describe
that's when you know for sure
an angel has walked into your life


Distant love…

I had convinced myself
I had seen them all
Until you came along.
Living buried in a hole
For all these years
And then the burst of fresh air

You made me express
You made me reach out
If only I wasn't so far
Happy in my solitude
And in singing the unworded tune
If only I could pen it down

I had always assumed
I would be an unknown fool
Until you saw it all
Those lovely eyes
Those piercing thoughts
How do you stay apart?

I really don't care
So long as you are there
For a reason to explain
All the worldly matters
And all that material gain
Now seems so mundane

I had a reason to live
It was such a marked shift
Something I still can't believe
In love with those thoughts
In love with all the pain
Hoping you reciprocate…


Echoes

Digging deep into distant memory
Pulling all the thoughts together
Reasons for this extended struggle
Living in mystery, year after year

Questions pounding my mind and heart
At times they hurt, ever so slight
For every loss, there is a reason
For every gain, questions galore

Slipping into a mellow mood
Tears so easy to come by
Desperately trying, to salvage a memory
Hoping it would last a lifetime

Trying to emerge from the shell I was in
Wanting to make the appearance count
The echoes from those days, still haunt
As I remain alive to every little sound

I had once thought maybe these could be made into rock songs! Inputs, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment