May 8, 2007

Of car sites...and some missing info!

One of my recent experiences with internet has been about searching for car reviews...Here's the deal...

I test drove the Swift Diesel the day it was launched in showrooms, and pretty much fell in love with it. Just to be sure, I thought about checking the numerous car sites that we have, to get some dope on this baby...surprise surprise... there was no info. zilch. We have a autocarindia.com, a bsmotoring.com, a http://www2.blogger.com/www.overdrive.in, the car and bike show section on ndtv...but no one had put anything online about the car, even though the experts had test driven it ages back, and NDTV Profit and AajTak were airing their reviews on TV!!

I believe there is some fairly huge potential for creating a complete automobile site in india...we do have some pretty good car sale sites like carvale.com, indiaautomobile.com (which incidentally, is being run by a close friend, Nimish Adani, as part of the BharatMatrimony group), but there is still no site which is purely online focused site for providing complete and latest info and scoops on indian car market....hope someone listens!

And if you're wondering what I finally did...I did the next best thing..googled for swift+diesel+review.......abracadabra, i found a HUGE number of european/UK sites which presented thorough review of Swift Diesel. Thankfully, the car launched in india was the same as in Europe, and the reviews being very positive, my decision was made. I guess whatcar.co.uk had most comprehensive reviews..Now that I think about it, I bought my dream car by browsing through a few european sites, and made the booking the next day. Now that's the real power of the Internet. God Bless us all.


P.S: Anyone thinking of buying the perfect city car for indian roads...go for the swift diesel. A mileage upwards of 20 km/l, a fraction of the noise we have come to associate with the indicas and indigos of the world, amazingly responsive and fun to drive, and a stunner to look at....I love It!

No comments:

Post a Comment